Monday, February 6, 2012

Poetry Previous knowledge paragraph

I have experienced poetry because I used to write poetry. I used to write poetry when I was upset about something or needed to express my feelings. Here in San Pasqual Academy grandma Gene had Poetry slam where every Thursday we would go and read our poetry not a lot of students would go because they didn't find it interesting but for those who did go it was easier to read their poetry to the people who were there.

When I was in Elementary Scool, I used hear about poetry a lot from my teachers. The teachers would talk about the people who wrote about poetry and how much of a passion it was for them. When I was in Elemetary School I didn't really care about poetry it wasnt really in my mind. I used to see some of my older peers write their feelings down in a piece of paper but I never really knew that it was poetry.

When I was in Middle School I started to learn more about poetry and started to get more interested in it. My teachers were starting to teach us about Shakespeare and his passion for poetry. I also learned that Shakespeare turned his poetry to plays. I also learned that poetry isn't all about love I learned that it's all different kids of poetry from sad to happy to birthday poems.

Outside of School I read poetry and tried to get inspired but I didn't really succeed at that. I started to write poetry and found out I was really good at it I didn't let anyone read them though because they were mostly about my past. I started to go to the library and getting books about poetry and learning more about it.

This year, I hope to get closer to poetry and learn more about it and it's history I also want to learn more about Shakespeare and his background and his childhood. I also want to write more poetry myself and get more informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment